Wednesday, October 23, 2013

{ Fall in Vermont! }

Hi, everyone!

So it's almost the end of October! How crazy is that?! I've been keeping super busy with Defender stories, photos, projects, and research for all of my classes, but fall has been absolutely beautiful in Vermont. I'm obsessed with the colors and smells of this place in October because they're just so wonderful. You really can't find them any place else, either.

Caramel apples from Lake Champlain Chocolates. They looked so good!
Here's a shot from a cemetery in Northfield, Vt., about 50 minutes away.

And here's a sidewalk on the St. Mike's campus.
Gourds!
This past weekend was our fall break, which means we had a four day weekend.

I wasn't able to go home, but my family made the five hour trip from New York and came up for a visit! Even though it was only for a day, I was so excited.

First we went to Sam Mazza's, a corn maze and farm about ten minutes from campus. They had a CSI themed corn maze where you had to find clues about a crime and solve the puzzle. My little sisters loved being little investigators. I think the maze was 3 miles long altogether.

Then we headed to Burlington for lunch and ate at one of my favorite restaurants: Boloco! I always get the buffalo wrap, but with fajita veggies instead of chicken. Mmmmm.

After lunch, we walked down to the waterfront. It was kind of a cold day, but my family loved the view of Lake Champlain and walking out on the dock by the Echo Center.
Cute little cupcakes at the bakery in Sam Mazza's.
And of course, here's us in the corn maze! (My twin sister Molly missed out, so I felt bad and put this together for her.)

Emily and Katie on the dock

Me and Frank!
I'm so glad my family was able to come and enjoy beautiful Vermont with me. I get to see it every day, but they aren't quite so lucky. And now there are only about four more weeks until Thanksgiving break, which will be the first time I've been home since I moved back here in August. I'm really excited, but still trying to enjoy my time here and all of the great experiences I'm lucky enough to have.

Until next time,
Love, laugh, and photograph!

-Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment